Your Well Mannered Dog 1
The next June Orientation is happening Saturday afternoon,
July 25th from 3-5 pm
July 25th from 3-5 pm
- Dog must be 4 months or older
- Dog must be up to date on the Distemper/Parvo, Rabies and Bordetella vaccines or have proof of titer test results on the vaccines mentioned
We get that sometimes life gets in the way. Committing to 10 weeks in the row on the same night at the same time just isn’t feasible with everything else you have going on. We have a solution for that!
The Modular Group Class Format Advantages are:
- Flexible and custom fit for your busy schedule
- Work on desired behaviors by developing concepts like Confidence, Tolerance of Frustration, Focus, Grit, Flexibility and more!
- Work at your own pace
- Attend sessions on your schedule
- Provides the opportunity for your dog to work around new and different dogs in each class which enhances his social skills
- You can attend once a week, or every 2 weeks- your pick
- You have 4 months to complete the 10 sessions
- Your individual package can be "put on hold" if needed due to a vacation or illness
- The 10 session package is $300 ( or you can pay as you go at $35 per session)
- These classes may also be attended virtually if life gets in the way and you can't get to the training facility. Virtual classes are held on some Saturday afternoons by Marisa.
- All sessions are taught by our certified Pro Dog Trainer or by Megan Moore, MS or by Pro Dog trainer Marisa Kuhr
Each module has three levels of proficiency to be obtained
- Teaching the concepts via luring or shaping through games with a food or toy motivator
- Increasing the time between food and presentation of the toy
- Adding a distractions while performing the game
Common Questions and Answers
How do I get started?
If you are ready to go and want to sign up now then please click here to our class scheduler and
sign up for the next Orientation-Let's get started!
(Orientation is mandatory and must be done before participating in the other Your Well Mannered Dog sessions.)
If you are interested in participating, but have a few more questions, just let us know: by phone at (970) 263-8634. If you don't catch us in the office, leave a message and we'll be happy to return your call within 24 hours. You can also e-mail us
What if I'm not sure my dog can handle a group setting?
For some dogs, a group setting will be overwhelming. We are happy to take the opportunity to review your dog by phone or by e-mail will help us assure that attending a group class is in everyone’s best interest. Sometimes private lessons are recommended first to help your dog overcome daily issues or concerns before attending and sharing time with other dogs in a group setting.
I'm not comfortable with the computer for signing up and making my own schedule. Is there another option? Absolutely! We are happy to do all the signing up for you on our end. A simple phone call will get us started and we'll do all the filling out and clicking for you!
What is covered in each Module?
The Your Well Mannered Dog has 3 modules within it
Good Manners Attention and Focus Movement and Distraction
Leave it Stay Loose Leash Walking
Drop it Come Come When Called Part 2
Sit Watch Me Jazz up Settle down
Down Wait Boundaries outdoors
Behaviors are grouped together into a session known as a Module. Each Module is taught on a rotating schedule - different days and times through the week. You will be guided as to which module to attend and when it is time for you to advance to the next. During each session, participants work at own level and own pace with the guidance and coaching of our trainer.
For example: Fido, Rover and Fidget all attend the Good Manners module. Rover begins by learning Sit. Fido and Fidget already know Sit so they begin working on Down. Fido learns Down very quickly so he moves on to Leave it. It takes Fidget a little bit longer to learn Down so she attends the same Module one more time later in the week. Everyone is working at their own pace and behaviors. Once all the dogs have learned and the desired behaviors in that module, they can move on to the next module like Attention and Focus or Movement and Distraction.
What if my dog needs more than 10 sessions to learn all the lessons? This is not a common occurrence but certainly can happen. For this reason we offer “Top Up” sessions at $30 each. You can take as many additional sessions as you like at this reduced price.
What is the student/ trainer ratio? Our classes are kept small to ensure a private training feel. No more than 3 dogs are allowed in a training session at a time with one trainer.
Is there a waiting list for a particular training session once it fills up?
Yes, our scheduler is designed to allow you to sign up for a full class and be placed on a wait list. If someone cancels, you will be notified via email that you have been added to the training session.
Do I have to keep track of how often I’ve come to class and how many are left? No our scheduler will keep tabs on that.
When are the sessions held? We currently hold group classes for Your Well Mannered Dog 1 on Monday afternoons and some evenings, Tuesday afternoon and evening, Wednesday afternons, Friday afternoons, To accommodate those with weekends off from work, we also have classes on Saturdays and on Sundays depending on other specialty class offerings. The sessions are always rotating and we try to offer a different module at the same time each week. Occasionally other classes, like Surviving Puppyhood, Calm Cool and Collected,Your Well Mannered Dog 2, or Growls to Grins, will occupy these spots so keep in mind that this is a general idea of times available.